Book Your Appointment
with Julie or Kristin On
What Is BOTOX®?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a simple, nonsurgical, physician-administered treatment that can temporarily smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people from 18 to 65 years of age. It is the only treatment of its type approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
One 10-minute treatment—a few tiny injections—and within days a noticeable improvement of the treated area is noted. Results last approximately 4 months and do vary with the individual.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium, which reduces the activity of the muscles producing the frown lines.
In 2013, it was the top nonsurgical cosmetic procedure in the U.S. among both women and men, with over 4,000,000 injections. Fall 2013 it was approved by the FDA for the treatment of crows feet.
There’s only one BOTOX® Cosmetic. Talk to your doctor to see if BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you!
Do not use BOTOX® Cosmetic if you:
- Have an infection where BOTOX® Cosmetic will be injected.
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- Are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
What should I tell my doctor before using BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Only your doctor can decide if BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you. Before starting treatment, tell your doctor if you:
- Have any diseases that affect your nerves and muscles. These diseases may increase your chance of side effects with BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment.
- Are breastfeeding.
- Are planning to become pregnant soon.
Can any of my medicines interact with BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Be sure that your doctor knows the names of all the medicines you are using, including:
- Antibiotics used to treat infections, such as gentamicin, tobramycin, clindamycin, and lincomycin.
- Medicines used to treat heart rhythm problems, such as quinidine.
- Medicines used to treat different conditions, such as myasthenia gravis or Alzheimer’s disease.
As with all prescription medicines, you should also notify your doctor if you are taking any over-the-counter medicines or herbal products.
Before & Afters
Concerned About Your Skin?
Request an Appointment